View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmRam View Post
Alright so I posted a few weeks ago about my 1/4 times using my sc data logging. Since tgen I went to the track, ram 15.1@ 95 mph, my 60' was horrible at 2.71, It was my first time to the track, only made one pass due to time. My understanding is from what I've heard I need to practice my launch, my trap speed seemed to be high for my et, especially since there was a car that ran a 13.7 @95.2 mph, so I guess I'm asking for good tips to getting a good launch and better 60' and et. If I get a perfect launch does that mean I should be running high 13s according to my trap speed?
ET's are not tied to trap speeds, especially comparing a truck to a car.

If you're getting a 2.71 60 foot time, yes you need a better launch
...and a good torque converter will solve that in a heartbeat.

But even if you can get your 60' down to 2.0's it will likely put your ET's down to only 15.0's (14.9 if you're really lucky) You can only drop 7 tenths off your launch, not 2 seconds LOL!, so no you wont be in the 13's.

List your truck, your gear ratio, tire size, mod's, the name/location of the track where you race, and post the date/time of your run off your time slip.
(post a pic of your slip would be helpful too)

If your track is on the list at http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php
you can determine if the weather/altitude is affecting your times as well.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP