Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 3500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
Nitsuj is on a distinguished road
Default Current status of deleting

Hi all. I've not been here long, new to Dodge, new to Diesel. I just bought a Ram 3500 Big Horn with a CTD and 6 speed manual. So here's the thing. As a new diesel owner, there is so much info out there, it makes your head spin. This delete kit, that tuner, that exhaust. It's overload. I have no interest in making diesel tuning my new hobby. I don't want stacks, or tons of black smoke. I only care about my truck running as good as it can, being as reliable as it can be and getting the best mileage its capable of. It seems like it used to be a simple matter of a delete and tuner and the truck runs better, gets better milelage, and no harm to reliablilty. That said, I feel like a year ago, and even 6 months ago, there was some sort of epa crack down making it harder to delete and get a tuner.

So I guess my question is, are the parts available now the same as they were say a year ago, or are they some sort of watered down version now to avoid EPA wrath. Is the Smarty of July 2013 the same as the one you could buy in 2012, or is it a black market pay 3 times retail premium type of deal now. When you're not familiar with diesel tuning and what's available from where, the who,e Inge is kind of daunting.
Sponsored links