View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 dodge ram 1500 hemi
Rep:11
Jr104 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmRam View Post
Alright so I posted a few weeks ago about my 1/4 times using my sc data logging. Since tgen I went to the track, ram 15.1@ 95 mph, my 60' was horrible at 2.71, It was my first time to the track, only made one pass due to time. My understanding is from what I've heard I need to practice my launch, my trap speed seemed to be high for my et, especially since there was a car that ran a 13.7 @95.2 mph, so I guess I'm asking for good tips to getting a good launch and better 60' and et. If I get a perfect launch does that mean I should be running high 13s according to my trap speed?
Generally speaking your mph will be higher if you spin a lot out of the hole. Again, generally speaking every tenth on your 60 foot translates to 1-2 tenths on the big end. And yes this is from experience a t the track, but results may vary. I'd just advise you to practice your launch as much as you can and see what the thing will actually do. At the end of the day everything else is just speculation. Keep us posted!