Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1990 Dodge Ram 150 LE
Color: Dark Green
Engine: 1989-1992 360ci (5.9L) LA V8 190hp
Rep:10
90Ram4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Had the Same Problem

Checked everything, replaced the distributor, nothing showed up on the code reader the Mech. brought over from his shop. put a new coil in on his advice.
even pulled out the safety switch from the tranny that keeps it from turning over & starting while in gear, LOL. Brought that into the dealer & showed the Mechanic, he shook his head, told me to try everything I just did, then said "It's probably the Computer. you can have it sent in to have it checked for $350, or just get a new aftermarket one for $110 and try it. Sure enough that was it.
Fired up like a champ really easy install took 5 Mins. literally. There's no codes or anything that shows up on an analyzer when the computer goes bad. LOL
before this happened my starter went & shorted out & I think that's what must've popped the CPU. you might check the starter as well, when I'd turn the key it would crank for 1/2 a second then ALL the electrical's would go out.
Grease got in it somehow & created a string of carbon & grease between the brushes, that shorted it out.

Good luck, hope this helps