View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:974
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE13BigHorn View Post
Gantman, That makes sense. So would you be concerned that it does it even after operating for a while. There are times when I drive a few miles, whether it be through mcdonalds or just stopping at a red light, that when I accelerate again the fan is loud for a few thousand feet up to a mile from beginning acceleration. That is what bothered me... That and the fact that the fan is extremely loud. I'm probably going to take it in to the dealer to have it checked, but I didn't want to end up in there and having not done any research to help explain my situation. I appreciate your explanation. It does definitley make sense.
Yes I would still bring it in to have your service department test drive it to try and duplicate your findings. Not every brand new part is always perfect. You may just have a defective fan clutch that had problems during manufacturing. For example, faulty thermal spring or silicone drive fluid. I remember replacing my fan clutch on my ole 96 Dakota with a 5.9Magnum and I decided to install an aftermarket HD fan clutch to replace my bad OE standard and yes you guessed it, much much louder when engaged. Hey good luck with your Service visit and keep us up on their findings with your truck.