View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
I cannot see Dodge just changing the number 3 to a number 4 on the registration year number and then pushing the 2013's out as 2014's.
<shrug> Choose not to see whatever it suits you not to see. But making insignificant changes and pushing it out as a new model year has been SOP in the industry for like a hundred years now... Chrysler, in particular, has been known for pushing out EXACTLY the same vehicle for year after year (see Jeep Wrangler...).

Quote:
I am looking forward to mpg and many other improvements for the new model year.
What are you basing this optimism on? Nothing that has been leaked, published, rumored or commented on has even hinted at anything of the sort. Minuscule MPG gains and incremental changes (whether they be improvements or not is debatable - see refrigerant discussion...) to various small systems are all I have seen.

Nothing worth waiting and paying more for, in my opinion. But, of course, that is truly a matter of personal preference - it's not for me to say for anyone else what is worth waiting or paying for. For some, the front park assist, or the possibly improved cruise control are worth it.

Quote:
Possibly, it doesn't pay to purchase a '14 and be better off taking the $10K price reduction on a left over '13.
On the face of it, I'd normally say this is an obvious fact. Like "no duh". But... The "left over" 13's aren't going to amount to much. There is little chance there will be a 2013 "left over" that would fit my requirements, for instance. I have a 2013 ordered, exactly what I want. There seems to be some chance it may or may not get built as a 2013. If it doesn't, there is zero chance of finding another 2013 anywhere with the configuration I need.

Shopping hold-over inventory is good buying strategy. But with Ram 1500's on this cycle, it's going to leave you with pretty slim pickings to choose from. Too slim, for my taste.

- DAA