Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Trim Level: Sahara
Color: Steel Blue
Rep:106
spp will become famous soon enoughspp will become famous soon enough
Default There are two lifetime warranties

There are two "Lifetime" warranties out there from Chrysler.

Warranty #1 is the lifetime powertrain warranty offered standard on all ChryCo vehicles (sans Diesel, SRT, Sprinter, and some fleet/chassis cab vehicles and the 5 lucky people who bought the Aspen Hybrid) between July 26, 2007 and the end of MY2009. This is a no deductible. MY2010 and beyond does not have this warranty. This does have the 5 year inspection requirement and Chrysler will send out a notice right before the start of the inspection period provided your address is up to date in the systems. I have an 08 Wrangler and got the notice earlier this year. Took an hour and replaced some diff seals that failed inpsection.

See this for the highlights.

Warranty #2 is the lifetime maximum care warranty that you can purchase from Chrysler dealers with either a $0, $50, or $100 per visit (excludes diesel and SRT...). This covers pretty much everything bumper-to-bumper but wear items. I don't believe this one has 5 year inspection requirement. This does have a caveat that if the repair costs more than the vehicle is worth, the warranty ends. I have not researched this one as much as I am just starting the shopping process. See this for highlights.

Last edited by spp; 07-16-2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added current warranty link, no endorsement of site...