Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 sport
Color: BLACK
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:51
Nemmisis1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
There are a lot of youtube videos about headlight removal and hid conversion. It is really a pretty easy mod.
I just finished installing 55W 5000K low and high beam hids from Retro Solutions. The only real headache is finding a good mounting area for the resistors, which do get pretty hot. They recommend mounting the resistors on metal for that reason. The right side has plenty of space to drill and mount the resistors. The left side is a problem because of the proximity or all of the plastic body parts and the fact that most of the factory wiring bundles are located in that location. What I ended up doing is to mount both (high and low) resistors for the left side on a metal stalk and suspended it below the fuse box just off of the inner fender. I did mount the stalk to plastic and I will be monitoring it to see if it gets too hot. Don't want to melt any plastic.
I am not sure where others have ended up mounting these resistors, but since most don't do highs as I did, (most seem to just do the low projectors and or fogs) they only have one resistor per side to worry about, not two per side as I did.
This fixes the weak light output that seem to plague these trucks. It is a tremendous difference, before and after.
If you used a canbus kit you wouldn't of needed any damn relay or resistors... The forums are here for help READ!!!! Canbus kit jis simple plug play... Period... Look up my 100 dollar eBay kit.. I have everything there.... I also got yelled at my moderators because I gave everyone a GREAT CHEAP (price wise) and they thought I was getting kickback...lol but some of th vendors might of gotten tight because of loss$$$$.... Now watch ill get blasted for this to.