View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRam View Post
Sure "they" may know what you are doing at any given time but, and this is a big one, "they" know in only the broadest sense. Sure, there may be a picture of your plate somewhere on some server at any given time. Big deal. The data may be there but there is so much of it it turns in to white noise.

Does anyone actually think someone is going to get bored one day and try and fined out what time you went to Starbucks to pick up your frappa-mocha-latte-chai-inno? No. If there is an Amber Alert and the vehicle matches yours then yes they will cross reference and see if your vehicle was in the vicinity. Know how to avoid that? Don't be a pedophile.

It's not like this data crosses someone called "The Government's" computer. There isn't one single person who looks at all these pictures, tracks your movements, scribbles them down, and updates a super secret Starbucks data base.

Is it an invasion of privacy? Are you really "private" driving around a public street? If YOU see something weird or funny don't you take a cell phone picture? You know the difference between the government and us? They have better cameras with larger hard drives.

Paranoid people please put on your aluminum foil hats before replying.
The only way I could agree with this post more is if I had typed it myself!!

We as a society rely on the very people that we condemn for "collecting data" on us.

If a friend or family member gets hurt or killed (god forbid), don't we want the police to pull up the security cameras to see if they can catch the person who committed the crime?

One only has to look at the Boston bombing to see that video surveillance is a brilliant thing!

I for one don't care how many cameras are installed an where.....(change rooms and bathrooms perhaps excluded), but the more we have the safer I feel.

I look at England as just one example of a huge network of cameras that has caught more than it's fair share of illegal activity, and have quickly and effectively caught the bad guy(s).

If you aren't doing anything against the law, then why worry?

And before you ask........yes I would have my taxes raised to help support said equipment!