View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:517
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Most of the police vehicles now have a device that takes a snap shot of all license plates & it is automatically transmitted to a central location, where it is checked for ownership, & wants & warrants or reported as having been stolen

Your cell phone if fairly new, can be tracked if stolen, by you just going onto a computer
a new cell phone that just came out, can be locked by you, all information is also erased & the phone is rendered useless, if it is stolen

your tv is equipped with a V chip & it tracks what you watch

do you trust your computer that has a built in camera & microphone ?? i don't

for several years now, most USA built vehicles have at least 2 tattle tale systems in them
The first one is called a EDR, (event data recorder) that records something like the last 30 seconds of driving, before something like an accident happens

the 2nd one is a wireless system, in the instance like ONSTAR in GM vehicles, the police can call ONSTAR & ONSTAR can disable your vehicle, by shutting down all but 2 cylinders, so you still have braking & steering, but no acceleration

I hope that no one that is paranoid reads this post

I had the GPS tracking for my phone. Used it once. Turns out i I left it in my buddies truck and another friend had his phone stolen and went to the persons house andgot it back, I guess he caught them off guard. Its free but only works if the phone is turned on. Its called where's my droid.

As for the vehicle thing, I'm not doing anything illegal so oh well, its just another way to waste our money that we have no control over, they'll just find some other stupid thing to use later.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler,AFE CAI, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s,BT 964SP lowered on oem chrome 17's and some LEDs... Plenty on the To-Do list

New audio build in progress