View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
army, you might think differently if you lived in the snow/ice belt.
I have. I lived in Alaska for 12 years, Fort Drum NY for 6, and I can tell you knowing how to drive in it makes more difference than whether you have LSD or not. I drove a RWD pickup in Alaska with no issues. Also a Honda Civic in NY (snow belt, 6 feet in one night...ugh).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYKLR View Post

No need for an LSD...have you ever been to the beach or done any off-roading. There have been many times driving thru fields in CO with my Dad where his 3rd Gen would've benefited from a limited slip. Instead we had to back up and use more speed which isn't always the best answer and you are just more susceptible to breakage.

As a matter of fact I have:

Been to that same beach in 2 different 4G rams, one with no LSD and this one with. I have been driving both on and off road, on race tracks and trails, snow, ice, beaches, combat, sandy desert, you name it...and not ONCE have I NEEDED an LSD. Does it come in handy? Yes, sometimes...no denying that. But if you drive like a normal every day person, on normal every day roads, you will never need it...even in snow and ice.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...