View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I had my Ram vandalized with spray paint
I called a auto body shop & he told me to try fingernail polish remover (acetone) on a small area & get back to him.
It was a Saturday & the shop was closed, it was very warm day & i was afraid that the paint would cure out & never come off. He told me to meet him at his shop, he was not there, but 2 of his guys were there swilling beer & making BBQ.
I offered them cash & one of the guys used acetone, then washed the area with soap & water, then rinsed the hell out of it,
Then he used Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer all over the area, applied with Microfiber Towels
Then he used 2 or 3 different liquid paste like products after that
he used different pads on his buffer for each product

My Ram came out close to a showroom shine
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle