View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I agree with the verdict of not guilty of 2nd degree murder. But right or wrong the world doesn't need any more cowards becoming policemen. We have enough cowardess acts of murder coming from police without a Zimmerman. He would never make a good cop much less a gun toting security guard. Was he in uniform to be recognized as security, did he acknowledge he was a security gaurd, did he fire any warning shots? None of the above, he screamed for help when he was getting his a$$ whipped even though he had a gun on him...wtf? Travon was wrong and was guilty of aggravated battery on Zimmerman. Zimmerman was guilty of manslaughter...possibly involuntry but can only be tried once in a court of law. The trial was illegal as as was the case not going to grand jury. And the presidents flaming remarks about the incident didn't help, it made it worse. Not to mention the judge herself was wrong when she ordered that the jury could find the defendent guilty of a lesser charge. I am all for the right to bear arms and even stand your ground. But this was not the case, it could have been prevented had he had balls to say the least. If you don't have any balls you don't deserve to be a cop or carry a concealed gun in public. This was not a case of someone being mugged in public where he would have deserved to have been shot dead. This was a case where a wanna be half a$$ security gaurd should have used his head and not violent force. You don't put a gun in a cowards hand and tell him to patrol the streets. Nothing wrong with wanting justice but there's ways of doing it right and lawful. Only an idiot would hire this guy as a security gaurd after seeing this trial.
My only argument to this is the inconstancy of the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...warning-shots/

Or is it different because this was a black woman and not a white woman or man?

She argued the "Stand your ground" and lost, I wonder why?

Of course they claim it was because she came back into the house with the gun, instead of leaving, but what mother would leave her children with someone whom she feared?

There is always this great divide between people / countries about the "right to bare arms", and I don't want to turn this thread (or any other thread for that matter) into a debate about it.

I believe as a country you are free to do as you please, and it doesn't matter if my country agrees with it or not.....in fact it doesn't matter if any other country agrees with it or not. It's your country, your call.

However improper training, screening, checking, followups, whatever you want to call it, will always lead to cases like this.

How many schools, fast food restaurants, or drive by shootings will there be?

I don't know, you don't know, nobody can know, but wouldn't it be nice to know that there was a camera there to help catch the wretch who committed the crime?

I know I would hope that there was one near by.