View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab diesel
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:217
dodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura aboutdodge man has a spectacular aura about

I think the dual bypass and the Amsoil is worth it, even more so with someone that puts that many miles on a truck. Just my opinion here, but I wouldn't worry about extending my drain interval that much. I'd do it once, at maybe 12,000 miles to see where your at and then change it at maybe 15,000 to 18,000 miles. The reason I say this is getting a sample tested isn't that cheap. My truck holds 12 quarts and I only took a sample once just to get an idea where I was at. Where the samples really pay off is big rigs, larger tractors, heavy equipment that hold several gallons of oil. The cost of getting the sample tested would pay for a couple of quarts of oil for you.

I run Amsoil in my Cummins and change it once a year, but that's less than 15,000 miles for me. I think you have the right idea with the Amsoil and the filter kit, that's less oil changes, less downtime for you. I'd just sample it enough to get a pattern going and then run with it. I know in theory you can go the 25,000 miles or even longer, but I just can't do it, it seems to long.