View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4WD Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2505
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothernewb View Post
plastic liners have their advantages, One being impact resistance. I have hauled large numbers of paving stones and rocks The plastic liner saved the bed alot of damage from impacts.
the primary disadvantage of the bedliners (for me) has been trapping alot of debris in between the bed and liner when hauling smaller materials, the stuff tends to fall through the holes cut in the liner for access to the tie downs. and the sand and grit trapped therein dues murder on the paint. basically sandpaper.
I was able to mitigate the effects though by removing the liner periodically and cleaning it out. It did trap a considerable amount of dust and crap in there, and did not often dry out from either the car wash or rains.

That being said If I were to continue to be haulling lots of concrete and rocks, I'd go with a rigid liner again in a heartbeat. My last one took some incredible impacts with little to no damage to the bed walls
Not having to haul rock, bricks it did not occur to me, but you make a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
a thin spray on liner and the plastic liner should be rust and rub proof. might be the way to go for some one that actually uses their truck for work.
You make a good suggestion to protect the truck bed.