View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcdonald View Post
My 06 wont get heat to the floor even after removing the blend door. Looking for the control arm that operates the plenum. Anyone know what is involved?
The blend door doesn't have anything to do with heat going to the floor or not. The blend door controls how much incoming air flows over the heater core and thus the temperature of the air.

Mode doors 1 and 2 control the airflow. Mode door 1 routes air away from the main part of the system (the main vents) and into the secondary system (the defrost and floor vents). Mode door 2 then controls whether the air flows to the defrost or to the floor.

No airflow to the floor is almost always a sign of mode door 2 failure. Unfortunately, mode door 2 is the one door that cannot be repaired without removing the entire air box system which as more than a job. A quote from Heater Treater....."Most people find it easier to wear two pairs of socks than to replace or repair mode door 2."

If you want some detailed info about the process, search "Heater Treater Dodge Ram" on Youtube. I haven't watched them in a while but I assume they are still there.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 07-19-2013 at 06:16 PM.