View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Today i went to the dealerships Service Dept.
took my own oil & oil filter with me, $18 was my total cost for the visit
while it was up in the air, they noticed a seeping PINION seal
Replaced under Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, they did the Locktite patch on the Pinion Nut
They checked the under carriage & Suspension & said that it was OK

They said that i was due for a tune up & that my fuel system needed cleaning, likely because of the duration of use, they had NO record of my spark plugs ever being changed & i know that i paid for a spark plug change 44,000 miles ago & it was at the same dealership

I had mentioned that i thought that the shock absorbers may be worn out, i still think so & i will change them after i get back from my trip

I still need to empty the Catch Can & check the air filter, i currently have the K&N oiled filter in the truck
__________________________________________________ _______________

I walked around the sales lot to see what i could without bothering the sales team

things that i noticed
there is ONE drain hole in the bed, it is dead center & tight against the front panel, mine has 2

there is about a 4' wide bottom center panel in the beds floor, all the Rams that i looked at appeared to have a good tight seem, where the center panel connected to the other panels, i could not see the parking lot through them

I noticed some of the Rams had 2 plugged holes in the floor of the bed, both of them are located about where the frame would be located, but only on the drivers side ??

One other thing that i noticed & could not figure out,
why do some Rams have the 7 & 4 trailer plug on the left side of the license plate
others have them on the right side of it ??

not a single Ram on the sales lot had the rear end ratio written on the window sticker

about 50% of the Rams had a rear view back up camera, called PARKVIEW

I looked at only 25 or 30 Rams
i did not go to look at about the same number of Rams, between the building & the I-8 Freeway
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle