View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Two different WalMart locations within app. 20 miles from me.

First time: The nerf bars on my previous truck were stolen. Yes, someone had balls of steel to unbolt my nerf bars and take off with them in broad daylight. It was around early afternoon on a sunny Saturday Spring day in 2008. Truck was parked app. 500FT from the entrance. Parked in that location purposely to avoid door dings from other drivers. I didn't have any dings upon returning; just nerf bars MIA.

Imagine my surpise [shock] when I went to step up on to my nerf bars to get in the truck upon returning, and my right foot planted heavily onto the concrete floor. Not nice....

Second time: Around Winter of 2009, I was parked about the same distance at another Walmart. It was close to dusk on a clear, cold day. Came back to find my PIAA driving/spot lights on my Westin Bullbar missing. I noticed this from the time I exited the premises, as I had a clear view of my truck, because the front end was parked facing the entrance/exit. Wires were clean cut using side-cutters or the like. The split tubing was neatly tucked into the lights' mounting holes on the Westin.

Both times, I immediately approached the service desk and asked for the SM. Both times the tune was pretty much the same from two different SM's. Sorry, but our store's exterior cameras are positioned strategically for the safety of our customers and not their vehicles. Our exterior cameras cover only certain areas [distance] outside the perimeter of the entrance/exit of the premises. Of course, both times I was parked well outside the camera's viewpoint so nothing definitive was possible as to the event and/or person/s involved to be captured.

Suffice to say, I was not a happy camper on the second time. Shit happens, yes, but twice within a few short months of each other?!? C'mon.....

So for personal reasons, I no longer visit Walmart; at least I try not to.

Grub out!