Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road
Default Subwoofer Install, Dual SA 8 Ported vs Dual SA 10 Sealed

I've got a 2012 Crew Cab Sport with the Alpine System and I am fairly new to the audio game. I have been looking for a good configuration, but I can't make any major decision without consulting my comrades in the forum.

I am looking for a fairly versatile system so I can get tight bass and decent lows, with overwhelming volume outside of the vehicle not being a priority. I have seen nothing but good stuff about the Sundown SA 8 and SA 10. My major question is, should I do 2 8's in a ported enclosure, or 2 10's in a sealed? I don't want to make it so black/white, but is it really just the ported 8's would be louder (most likely) and the sealed 10's would be slightly more accurate, tight bass?

In terms of space, I fully intend on taking out that sorry excuse of a Alpine sub out, and replace it with whatever I install. If I do 2 ported 8's, I think I can get them both on passenger side, but the 10's would definitely monopolize all under seat real estate.

I would also like to keep my stock HU.

Once I decide on the sub config, I will be able to work with NetAudio a little more and get this thing taken care of.

How much difference is 2ohm from 1ohm? Obviously, the 1ohm is louder, but I think it makes a difference then between the D4 and the D2...

I appreciate any input, thanks!
Sponsored links