Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

Well, for one, I'd probably r2 both calipers & not just one, if one is seized the other one isn't far behind. Buy a big c clamp (6") if you're not replacing the one, and leaving the pad in, that's against the piston, push it back, slowly with the c clamp. pay attention to which pad went in each position, you will generally be paying particular attention to where the little tab went that is attached to one end of each pad, that's the wear indicator, makes a squeally noise when your pads are wearing thin. I personally, bend them back so they never make that horrible noise, but that's just me. bench bleed your master cylinder level, in a vise, never compress the rod simply to compress it. When you put your new caliper on, and pads & rotors are on, open the bleeder nut up and leave it open til brake fluid comes out. Before driving away, start your eng and depress the brake pedal several times until the pads and rotors are set for driving, your first hit the pedal will in all likelihood, sink to the floor. If you miss this step, you may be in for quite a surprise at the bottom of your driveway!