Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
IBEWSteve is on a distinguished road

This is all great information so far. @ nopaydave, I think the 12" dual sub setup is the only one that requires seat spacers and mods, but on the bright side, the foxbox for 12"s comes with spacers and from what i read, just by adding those, you automatically get the bonus of the back seat folding forwards all the way so you get 3-4"s of clearance, perfect for an amp. If you're thinking of only doing an 8 or a 10 sub, then I think seat mods are out of the question. (I could be wrong.)

As for everyone who suggests the 12" single sub setup, I guess my inexperience is what is causing me to be hesitant here. My last vehicle, I had 1 10" MTX 7500 running @ 2ohms on 400W, and it was good, but not great. Had I not got my truck, I definitely would have upgraded to 2 10"s and not 2 12's. I have it stuck in my head that the smaller subs are more responsive, and if you're listening to faster paced music, as opposed to something like Rap, then the smaller sub would be better for this. It just wouldn't hit crazy lows.

I am down for getting just 1 12", but inside my head I say "Why not get 2?" because I a can't contain my curiosity.

In any instance, I have only had sealed boxes before and I have been happy with the tight sound. My question is, if the box is ported, besides being louder, does it allow for the sub to hit lower tones? And, I have read that the Sundown's are meant for 1 type of enclosure better than the other, is that true?