Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 Quad Cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
billhere is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
a thought- it appears to me that you are not sealing in those two small sections indicated by missing chalk....
How much are you missing by? I mean are we talking 1/8"? 1/64"?

Maybe you could add a thin line of weather stripping directly to the hood blanket in those two places- chalk it up and see if yer good.

I have a 13 and my problem is the opposite - the damn thing stands so tall that I have to use a lot of force to close the hood- somewhere between your prob and mine is a perfect solution :-)
Before I gave up on the thing:
I finally got it to seal with approx. "1 inch additional" seal higher added to the stock seal in those 2 locations only, so yes way off... worked, but not pretty at all... But my intake temps did come down...
Also I found that if you get to much positive pressure from the hood, the outer base unit (that holds the actual filter) will flex downward allowing the filter to pop out the lower base unit. If the mounting tube is all the way down on the TB and all the way to the bottom of the base unit, you might need to shorten the tube that it mounts to so there is not so much pressure when the hood closes... Keep in mind that there has to be some pressure there to seal the hood and to keep the CAI from moving all around but not so much that the lower housing deforms and the filter pops out of place... Make small adjustments and keep your eye on it for a few days to see if anything is not going as planned... Mount everything up, just do not tighten the top clamp that way if you close the hood down to the first latch (the CAI should slide to the correct position) then open the hood and tighten that top clamp... Everything should line up and be in position with some positive pressure from the hood...
Good luck,
Bill

Last edited by billhere; 07-21-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling