Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road
Default Amazingly different stories....

Hard to believe such a simple thing can get so complicated. I didnt order mine "online"...I built it after alot of research, took it to the dealer i chose, on 6/22, agreed on a price ($200 over invoice), he submitted the order, I gave him a few bucks, and i left. One of the items i checked online was the so-called date this line(2014 1500 quads) was to commence...7/22.

Subsequently, i discovered a link to track my vehicle...But i had no VON, let alone a piece of a VIN....after several phone calls to DODGE produced nothing, i got a friendly CS rep from CANADA of all places, who called the dealer, and got the VON.why DODGE DIDNT HAVE IT, PRIOR ...AND WHY SHE HAD TO CALL THE DEALER TO GET IT...I have no clue......the tracking link THEN worked....for all i know, the dealer had it the day i ordered it...or not...it doesnt matter, I got it...

Since then, I have gotten a number of emails from DODGE, not only providing the actual VIN, but the last one changing the status to "SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION"..I called DODGE yet again, and they not only gave me an actual date (8/6), but sent me an email of my actual build sheet, I have that, and am awaiting a snail mail copy, which i requested just for fun...

I have read MANY posts in here stating that info obtained from dealers and/or DODGE is unreliable, to say the least. Theoretically, subject to "real world" delays, i suppose, my actual build was to start today. I dont know what to believe. "we shall see"

Last edited by Yankee; 07-22-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored links