View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Watching closely on the start of '14 CC production here too.

I ordered a '13, which is still "scheduled for production". Figure as long as nobody has gotten a VOTS "frame" update on their '14, there is still a chance for my '13 to get built sometime soon.

Once I see any movement on '14 production, I know my '13 ain't gonna happen... If that is how it goes, I would hope those of us with unfilled '13 orders would be first in line. But... From all I have seen, that's not how Ram rolls. Customers can piss up a rope, they'll build them in the order than is most convenient and cost effective for them - and it won't have anything to do with "when" an order was placed, rather with "what" the order was for and where the packages fit in with logistics and efficient running of the line.

And, of course, VOTS, customer service, my dealer, will all find out about it when I tell them - clueless bastards every one of them... Last time I went to the dealer to try and shake a clue out of them, the sales manager told me flat out, he has no more idea than I do when my truck will be built or whether it will be a '13 or a '14. He did tell, me, his best guess, if it ends up getting switched to a '14 I probably won't see it until late Sep. or even into Oct. HIS guess, and he admits that is all it is, because he doesn't believe/trust the dates he gets from Ram any more than I do, trusts them less actually because he is the guy being made to look stupid and having irate customers calling, but anyway, his guess is he won't see any '14s on his lot before mid Sep.

Not saying I'll never buy another Ram. But I dang sure won't ever order another one. If I can't find what I want on the lot, I'll go to the Ford store! Getting a new story every day and if one of them is true the others all have to be lies, dealer/salesman/sales manager won't even return my phone calls anymore etc. Pretty fed up with this "process".

I do sincerely hope all you guys ordering 14's have a more pleasant experience. Or at least a more predicable, honest one.

- DAA