Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
bradburyesqu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesL View Post
I have said from beginning it should not be this hard. This is a multy million dollar facility and I find it hard to believe they dont keep a schedule. They know how long it takes to build a truck or 100 trucks or 1000 trucks. I can understand the shipping part but they should be able to tell a customer almost to th hour wjrn their truck will hit the line and from there how long it takes.

I'm not sure if you've ever worked manufacturing, but I have. And things aren't as perfect as you paint them.

Tools break unexpectedly, suppliers have issues, people call in sick and sometimes things are within tolerance and don't fit like they should because the engineers never actually built the thing. (just to name the obvious.)

they should be able to give you a good idea of when the next 10 or may be even 100 trucks will roll off the line, but 1000 or more? There is just no way to be sure that far out. If they did give you their best estimate the date would slip and then we'd all be complaining about how they never can get things done when they say they will.

It's a lose lose situation for the plant.