Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
Ramona2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd5 View Post
Here in sunny Florida we get twice yearly infestations of "love bugs" so called because you always see them attached in pairs with the larger female dragging the male around by the.... well you get the picture. These bugs are perversely attracted by carbon monoxide and tend to hang around roads. When you get them squished on your paint you need to remove them right away or they will eat pits into the paint due to being acidic. I have had several cars get bug pits in painted bumpers. This is why I ordered my truck with chrome steel bumpers. This sort of "environmental hazard" is not covered by the warranty sad to say. At any rate pits are not the same as peeling sheets. What you are describing can only be a defect caused by bad paint or improper prep. I think that they owe you a repaint on the bumpers at a minimum.
I don't think your truck is equipped with "chrome steel bumpers." On my 2012 Laramie, the Build Sheet says "Bright Front Bumper" and "Bright Rear Bumper." No mention of chrome. It does says my wheels are chrome clad, as are my door handles, shift knob, and exterior mirrors. But my bumpers, grille and exhaust tips are only referred to as "bright." Actually, for the grille it says "Bright/Bright Grille," LOL.