Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradburyesqu View Post
I'm not sure if you've ever worked manufacturing, but I have. And things aren't as perfect as you paint them.

Tools break unexpectedly, suppliers have issues, people call in sick and sometimes things are within tolerance and don't fit like they should because the engineers never actually built the thing. (just to name the obvious.)

they should be able to give you a good idea of when the next 10 or may be even 100 trucks will roll off the line, but 1000 or more? There is just no way to be sure that far out. If they did give you their best estimate the date would slip and then we'd all be complaining about how they never can get things done when they say they will.

It's a lose lose situation for the plant.
All that may be real world true, and i actually worked at the GM plant in Tareytown NY a long long time ago...on the line...so yes...altho that was a different world, i DO know whereof you speak...but the screw ups and misinformation, and dare i say DISinformation may lead one to believe that they dont merely have occassional production problems, but theyre perfectly willing to keep their dealers and customers in the dark as well....they have the PERFECT vehicle to keep EVERYONE in the loop....dont they??? but they dont....when otherwise sane (?) folks post what they do, I begin to wonder about the reliability of DODGE's public information...and the sanity of my purchase...do people who order Ford or GMC go thru this????