View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
New GM Sierra And Silverado Trucks Off To A Rough Start With Recall And Reports Of Issues

From article:
It's NOT a good day when you have to issue a recall on a new vehicle and it is ESPECIALLY painful when it's the most important product to your company that you've ever made.
First the public announcement...

GM has announced a recall (no charge to customers) of 800+ Sierra and Silverado Trucks out of the 40k already sold that have left the gate with a faulty airbag issue.

No big deal right?

Well, if it wasn't the most important product you've made since bankruptcy and if it fails you will probably go out of business, no.

But for THESE products that are under pressure like you wouldn't believe from the leader Ford and and a charging RAM, it MATTERS. You DO NOT want this kind of stuff happening. Because truck buyers want TOUGH and INDESTRUCTIBLE more than anything. But....breakdowns leaving reviewers stranded? Not good.

Now, what we're hearing in private...

One of the first review vehicles for the media didn't end happy. A writer from Autoblog was left STRANDED at a mall parking lot and the truck had to be towed. Not a good thing.

If you like real square and boxy old school design, with the 1994 twin stacked lights look, you will like the 2014 Chevy.

Okay I hate where our Sat antenna sits on the top of our RAM's, but now that I see where Chev is putting theirs.......well ours doesn't look so bad now!

It kind of looks like its sliding off the front of the truck. Looking at that every time I approached my truck would drive me nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
What I especially dislike with GM is that most all the design elements of the new 2014 pick up trucks are copied from the 'cheapie' little SUV and crossovers. The trucks not only look old, chunky and gaudy, but utilize dated key design cues from the 1980's and 1990's.
The new '14 trucks share the same DNA as their little SUV and crossover vehicles. Very poor design tactics. It's like their thinking is trapped inside of a dark box.

See what I mean:

This looks like a truck that is hiding something underneath.

Almost like it's an advertising trick, but instead of pulling a blanket off to do the big reveal, they are about to pull off all the square side mouldings??

Orrrrr..............James Bond is going to eject the sides of the truck with a flick of the button and is going to show off the Spark or Sonic underneath it.........but with machine guns and rocket launchers!?! LOL.....