Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
abnshawn is on a distinguished road
Default Beware of pinion nut!!!

My advise to you is to get rid of your vehicle that is effected by this recall. Dodge's fix is just a retainer t be put on over this nut to hold it in place. They do not plan to replace anything because their are almost 400,000 vehicles effected by this recall. I received my first recall Dec, 2012. I took it in and the dealer said the part was not available at that time and that I would receive a second recall when the parts were available. Well I received my second recall on Jun 27, 2013 and was driving to Anchorage that weekend so would get it fixed when I got back. WELL as I got to Anchorage it failed. My pinion nut came loose seizing my rear drive shaft at 25-30 MPH and shearing off my drive shaft. Needless to say I was stranded. The truck only had 31000 miles on it and what happened after that I only hope does not happen to anyone else. Dodge played the "Tap Dance" like you would or believe. They gave me such a run around that it was not even funny. It took almost 2 weeks to get my truck fixed and a rental car bill, that they said they were going to pay but failed to get the paperwork set up, of over $300. I have gotten rid of this vehicle and glad I did because all that they replaced was the drive shaft that had been drug across the ground for about 60ft. I saw the gears in the differential that were chewed up as well and they told me that they were going to replace them also but did not. I feel for whoever gets this truck because it is just a matter of time before something else goes wrong with the drivetrain.