View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:162
anothernewb has a spectacular aura aboutanothernewb has a spectacular aura about

I drove 2 of the 14's before I bought the ram. I will go out on a limb and say that they look very nice in person.
However, coming from a GMC that gave me some issues (okay, well a lot of issues) I did go in kind of jaded.

What I can say,
GM reached deep and vastly improved this truck since the 06 I owned.
The power increase over the previous model is significant. The interior has everything at a comfortable location to reach, and the control feedback is positive enough that you do not have to take your eyes from the road. The cabin is quieter than the ram. road manners are excellent, easily on par with the ram.

However, the lights are not the only things that are lifted from 1994. I felt as if I was going to fall out of the seat in a turn. The leather work was top notch. beautiful even, but the seats just didn't "grab my but" like the competition. felt much more 90's bench like than bucket like. The same thing was felt by all 4 of us. That was really my biggest turn off. The transmission still isn't silky like the 8 speed or even the 6 from the Tundra. And my family felt that the crew cab was the smallest of the 4 trucks we tested.

Livin life one truck payment at a time.

Last edited by anothernewb; 07-23-2013 at 09:54 AM.