Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike188 View Post
I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 with the painted front and rear bumpers. Within a month of owningthe truck the paint of the front bumper started peeling off in big sheets. It seemed pretty obvious to me that there was some kind of a defect with the paint.

I called Dodge and they told me to take it to a Dodge dealership and have them look at it. I took it to the local dealer and the service department looked at it and took some pictures and told me that it may not be covered by the warranty. I asked them why and they said it was because I got bugs on the paint and that bugs are acidic and that is what caused my paint to peel and therefore more than likely it's just my problem and that I shold try to avoid bugs.

I told him this was the craziest thing I have ever heard of that there is no way I could drive down the road and avoid bugs. I was mad so I drove up to the front lot and asked one of the salesmen to come out and look at it. I explained to him what the service dept had just told me and he was shocked and said that was the craziest thing he had ever heard also. He cols see I was pretty mad so he had the sales manager come out and look at it. The sales manager came out and told me the whole bug theiry was bullshit and that my paint peeling was an abvious defect that should be repaired.

I went into his office and he called back to the service dept and they got into a heted argument about my bumper. Her then called the body shop and asked if my truck could go directly there and just bypass the service dept all together. They informed him that everything has to go through the service dept and then be approved by Dodge to see if they will honor the warranty or not. I guess this is something new.

They said the best that I could expect was a call from Dodge within a couple days. That was a few weeks ago and they haven't called me. I have called them a few times trying to get an answer and they won't give me one or return my calls.

It's starting to look like I'm stuck with severely peeling paint because I got bugs on the truck. Has anyone else had this problem?
Not with DODGE, but with another make i had a few years back when the geniuses said i lived too close to the ocean back then, and i should wash it more often after i take it to the beach. theres a mechanism for "kicking it upstairs", and you should avail yourself of it...it takes it out of the hands of the dealership entirely..not to be cynical, but theyre counting on reactions just like "I guess Im stuck with it"......if you get stuck with it, its because you LET yourself get stuck with it...good luck....