Vehicle: 2011 2500
Trim Level: big horn
Color: grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:31
autokraftgt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBEWSteve View Post
woooweee, i just looked up those arc audio blacks and i dont know if i can afford those things. I can wait a little while longer, but damn, those things would set me back. Is it really worth the extra 300 bucks each?

What I like about the NetAudio stuff is that they build it according to what sub(s) you are going to use and what sort of performance you're looking for. They make you feel like you could purchase any sub within reason, and they could play with all of the box factors to get you damn close to what you're expecting. Anyone can say "That is loud, or that sounds good." So, their job is to make you happy, and they sure do make it sound like they can make it happen.

I am going to look in to a couple more of the SQ subs you listed. Its frustrating because there really isnt any car audio places around me. The one I do have is some hole in the wall with no subs for me to listen to.
I've spoken with and emailed back n forth with Netaudio (who happen to be an Arc Audio dealer :>) and they know their stuff! Cant go wrong with them. If you go with 12's, sealed is your best option, period!
And yes, Arc Blacks are not cheap. And yes they're worth every penny. However, Arcs entry level line sounds good too. My favorite on my list earlier (in your budget) would probably be the Image Dynamics IDQ12. Very musical sub, and it will get loud too. They do very well in sealed enclosures at 1 cu/ft ea.
there are a lot of good sq subs that are very affordable and they all sound a little different from one another. Since you cant personally demo any of these in your area, read up on as many reviews as possible and make a decision.