View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about
Default High Beams not working anymore, inspection time

Due for inspection and for some reason the high beams are not working off the relay. Trouble shooted it all day long, for some reason I get no voltage from the plugs that go into the high beams. If I plug the head light directly into the canbus plug the high beams will turn on. not sure why I can't get the connection to pass into my harness and into the head lights.

any ideas would be helpful. I would just keep the harness on there now for the lows, and make a new harness for the highs, but I am not sure if I can just splice into the wires for the high for the relay?

my harness gets power from the battery, its grounded, and then splits off to either hid ballast for the lows, and then has these two little plugs off either hid ballast that plug into the highs. they used to turn on the highs but they aren't any more.

my plan now is to go get two new relays, and run the lows on one and the highs on the other, and get rid of this cheap Chinese relay that isn't turning on my highs.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI
Sponsored links