View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
P.S... 1/4" spacers are not an option. Will fail state inspection and a lot of the tire stores around here - including the one I go to - won't touch them.

- DAA
HERE as well as HERE are two good article on this thread's topic.

Very, very few shops in my area sell or will install wheel spacers/adapters, too. They claim it's a liabilty issue. I say it's a touch of ignorance.

The general rule I've always been fed is that your wheels will fail [well] before a quality, properally installed wheel spacer/adapter does.

I'm not a fan of wheel spacers, as I've mentioned on the boards before, and have never touched them, HOWEVER, even I'm not ignorant enough to know that properly/professionally matched and installed wheel spacers/adapters pose no danger.

Any type of wheel adapter/spacer should always be installed by those who have a clue [professional]. I'm all for the DIY'er at every opportunity, but this not something, personally, I would do blindly in my backyard.

If you're trying to save dollars and do it yourself, then that's fine as I can most certainly respect that. Respect. However educate yourself to the task at hand. Ask questions, make phone calls, research boards like this, ask again and arm yourself with an abundance of knowledge before attempting something along these lines.

The rule of thumb I've always been taught is this: When it comes to changing and/or modifying parts n' labor of your vehicle under the floor pan, then let the experts handle it.

This has worked well for me in over 20YRS of driving.

It's when ignorance and know-it-all mentality sets in, that issues arrise -

Good luck.

Grub out!