View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi 8-speed
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:883
RedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to beholdRedSmart is a splendid one to behold

For what it's worth.......

I was running Shell 87 octane in mine for a few tankfuls of gas, and then switched to the recommended 89 octane for a few tankfuls.

I didn't notice or feel any difference between one or the other, what I did notice though was better milage with the 89 over the 87.

Its too late for this tank of gas as I've already started driving without clocking the KM's, but perhaps I will do that soon.

Meaning that I will fill up with 89 and track the dollar amount and the km amount for a few tanks of gas and then go back and do it with the 87.

The difference between the amount of money spent on the two grades of gas vs the KM difference between the two grades of gas should be the deciding factor. Realizing that I would have to drive basically the same routes and times with both grades of gas to make the comparison as close as possible.

Or I can just simply sit back and look at the fact that I just bought a $45,000.00 vehicle, and if I couldn't afford the gas that perhaps I shouldn't have bought the truck??

Oh well I have about another 500km's or so to think this one through before I need to fill up again??