Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
robzram is on a distinguished road

With plasti dip you don't have to remove..anything. Tape off about 1" on each side of emblems and then paper off the rest of the exposed paint..even though the over spray rubs off its safer just to cover it. Spray the desired area with atleast 4 coats let sit for approx 30 minutes with 10 minutes between coats. Take your paper and tape off and expose the edge of the plasti dip on the paint. roll the corner of it and pull kinda slow. And there you go..you watch it work right infront of you. I just did it to my RAM 1500 and Hemi 5.7 hemi badges. I didn't like the red hemi 5.7 covered so I took a metal ruler and a razor and found the raised edge under the plasti dip, layed the razor tip first in the corner and cut slowly and lightly. LOVE the look way better with that red coming through. Oh and pull slow and run your cut twice to make sure you've separated the plasti dip from the rest. Pull slow so you can see where you missed! Planning on plasti dipping my rocker panels just for casual road protection. I don't do serious off roading so it should hold up fine, and if not a touch up takes minutes.