View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

I hit it with a hammer the other day and could make the fan start spinning but got tired of doing this. And since I figured it was the fan motor for sure I went out today and bought a new one from Autozone. They had it for 27.99 and with my 20% off coupon it came out to 22.60+1.87(tax)=24.47! Took me 3 hours to install, wasted a bunch of time trying to remove the battery and the battery tray. Its not possible without a ton of work. You can just skip this and keep the battery in the truck, I opened the fused box up and it helped by giving me more room to push the condenser fan shroud out.

The overall job sucked, but shouldn't have to be done for another 100,000 miles. Moving the radiator out carefully took a lot of time, take your time and go slowly.

Love my new condenser fan motor, just finished installing my relays for the highs and lows, and got my inspection and registration done. Couldn't be better right now, one things left and is to get my rear view camera working again.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI