Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
bparsel is on a distinguished road
Default Weird One. Vibe in front associated with Hot brakes. Caliper??

So, the past few nights on my drive home from work Ive encountered this issue. Only on the drive home when Im in more stop and go traffic.

After running stop and go from 0-55 for about 15 miles I have a few miles of zero-60- zero type of expressway driving as well. Once I get off the expressway Ive been getting this issue.

I will apply the brakes which work just fine, then release them and I will get a vibe and noise in the right front. Sounds like when you run your tire off the side of the road into the rumble strips...just not nearly that loud. When I lightly apply the brakes the sound and vibes go away......let off the brakes and it returns. This is all in the 5-20 mph range.

Truck has new pads, rotors, tie rods, struts, sway bar bushings, upper ball joints and upper control arms about 2k miles ago and the problem just started.

I'm thinking partially seized caliper when it gets hot??? Caliper heats up and only 1 piston is releasing fully...hence when I lightly apply the brakes it evens out the pads and makes the vibes and noise go away???? I wouldnt think a cock-eyed pad would cause that much vibe though.

No unusual wear pattern on the pads......any ideas or thoughts on this one?

Last edited by bparsel; 07-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored links