View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytop View Post
What is the big deal with the 6.4 Hemi in the 1500? 'Bragging' rights? The difference in horsepower is only 4% and the difference in torque is only 4.5% On the street, that is ever so slight. We are talking about a work truck and not a yuppie street racer, right? For Ram reverie, it is a nice thought, but hardly worth paying for in dollars due to its thirsty nature and accompanying 6 speed tranny.

The 8 speed tranny that is available with the 5.7L gives first gear a major torque boost thanks to its 4.69 low gear. The 5.7L Hemi is a very underrated engine but responds well to modification. It can be easily altered for some serious power gains without the 'operational' costs of the more thirsty 6.4L. The choice is clear.
I think buy yuppie your meaning all the rich dudes in jesus sandals and palm tree shirts riding out of the subdivision on there 40,000$ CVO Harleys thinking yea im bad. pffffft remember when Harley dealers use to be nothing but pole barns? now they plant them dealerships right next to the nearest shopping mall selling all there made in china clothes for outrageous prices. I hope ram doesn't do it. does my post have anything to do with this thread, probably not. I just wanted to throw in my 2c, so please ram don't sell out anymore specially to Harley Davidson, if anything id like to see a KTM motorcycles ram over an HD one any day.