View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 04:14 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Once I get everything running I'm going to see if there's a shop in town that will do some custom A/C lines and I'll run them along the back of the engine bay. I can't stand the stock ones being out there in front.

We went to fire it up today, and after 2 attempts with no fuel pressure we realized that our lovely CANBUS system would send power to the fuel pump, but since I swapped to a Walbro 400, it would fire initially, then shut the circuit down because it received an invalid voltage return. So we bypassed the computer's programming by connecting to a switched line directly to the battery as a temporary measure. I'll wire everything up properly on an ignition-on circuit as part of my Painless wiring harness install.

With proper fuel pressure we kept trying to turn it over, but couldn't get it to fire... then found oil draining from between the block and bellhousing. I was all paranoid about a rear main seal leak... but after inspecting the old engine, realized that I forgot to install the oil gallery plugs So now I need to pull the trans again to put 2 freakin' plugs in. I ran out of time these days off to do this, so I had it towed home and it'll sit until I get home after my next week at work. Hopefully my friend's shop will be available this time.

I'd like to thanks Grant (catsltd) for his help today, it was greatly appreciated, especially for having to drop the fuel tank... twice... to troubleshoot the fuel pressure issues.