View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1195
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckme View Post
Good Job Ram!! You have got to be kidding me, 19 speakers and no CD player. Well, I must say, DUMN and you can finish the rest... I just bought my 2013 Long Horn, and listened to the Salesman tell me it had every bell and whistle nothing needed.. Huh!! I got the truck home $63,000 later and woke up in the morning, was going to go for a ride and could not figure out the CD player.. Looked in the owners manual and Wooh!! There is no CD player... Needless to say nice truck and looks good, but... I took it back for a refund.. Got to have my CD player.. Keep Trying Ram.. I will stick to my Chevy's.. Looks like they got the brains...
If something like that keeps you out of the brand, sorry for you. I hope you have better luck with whatever your next choice is.

CD players are going the way of the dodo. I am kinda peeved about the fact that I cant find a surround sound/home theater system anywhere that doesnt have a damn blu-ray player integrated into it. So I built one. I already had a stand alone blu-ray, so I bought a kenwood reciever, and 4 bose 301 speakers off craigslist, as well as a sub.

Having said that, a 2k speaker system is far from a 60k truck, but why would they put antiquated equipment in a new vehicle? CD's made their first debut in the mid 80's IIRC, and their debut in cars in the early 90's. I had a 1990 Lexus that had a CD player. With that in mind, that would make the technology at least 23 years old.

Lincoln's had Record players as an option in the late 60's...but in the late 80's (20 years later) we were using cassettes. Record players in cars were obsolete and not used. Times change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandchef View Post
I feel for you but I think most vehicles are going in that direction. Personally I've used my CD player once in the 1 1/2 years I've owned the truck and I could have lived without that.
Ditto, I have never used mine. I put a DVD in it once to make sure it worked. Other than that, its an Ipod or the HDD for me.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...