Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: White/Gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
StevoSRT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMKING89 View Post
I agree with Stevo! Haha sometimes not hearing the person next to you is a great thing.
I've used the sound dampening mats in a vehicle before back when i had a car. it's a fairly good sized project depending on the size of the vehicle. you would need to remove seats center consols and any trim that would keep you from lifting the molded carpet. then start cutting and laying the dampening mat. it worked fairly good and kept the price around $60 but i dont know about keeping a 5.7 quiet.
It will be cheaper than getting a new exhaust if you do it yourself....sub $100 probably....if you did it 100% hard core...like...door panels, pillars, roof, floor...everything....you'd see a VERY big improvement in interior noise levels. probably something ill do eventually....depends on how ambitious i am lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkulysses View Post
The 2500's don't have MDS correct or am I wrong? I've never seen mine kick on or anything if it does.
if im not mistaken...NO ram's had MDS in 2004....I believe that MDS was first offered in the Ram in 2006....

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/12/srt-owner-profile-steve-crisalli-white-plains-new-york.html