View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red/Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
thundersminions13 is on a distinguished road

figures, the day the mechanic takes it for a drive it acts just fine! he says he would trust the truck. i dont. i wont go more than an hour from home and i wont go into the city where its all stop and go traffic. no wide open roads either. and i have 2 tow companies numbers in my cellphone now. drive it till it dies, then replace seems to be the answer here. rough idle i can handle. if the tranny keeps acting up and blows the pinion in the rear end out, i quit entirely. i know the pinion is wearing out. the shocks are also beyond gone and 1 is about to break off on the front. tried to repair the bolt bushing on it but the bolt wouldnt come undone. the sticker is good for another year on the plate. its falling apart and im not made of money to repair everything that it needs and i can not be without a truck having a dog kennel. i picked up a second job to pay off the plastic from the past few months of repairs. i appreciate everyone's help on getting the engine running better to keep it on the road for a bit longer