Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog Fixer View Post
Have the factory guys seen this upgrade? Or has it caused you any warranty issues?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing because I see my oil temp getting dangerously warm!! And it doesn't come down in temp for an extended period compaired to the cooland and tranmission...
Truthfully I never considered that and I'm kinda wondering now. It can easily be taken off as it just unscrews and cut a few wire ties and its gone ten minutes max. I may have to ask the dealer bc I do not want any issues with that as I've kept pretty much everything stock to keep warranty.

From a few more trips with the trailer my first impressions still stand. The temps are lower when towing usually around 200-210. However it doesn't seem to ever drop in temp which is what I was looking for when I installed it. It did add about 1 at of extra capacity for a total of 8.

Are you running synthetic oil? If not I would switch first and see what that does. I switched when I installed the cooler. Some say it will help others say it won't but I would give it a try first.

The highest I've seen before cooler way 237 which was the mile hill before my house at 20 mph which is the fastest you can go with or without trailer. Since install the highest I've seen is 215. Overall I like it but if it voids warranty I wouldn't do it so I would check with your dealer as they may say the exact opposite that mine does.