View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by highlandchef
Systems go from very simple to very elaborate but two things come first.

First, get your blue light card. Until your Chief issues you one systems don't matter. Second, find out and understand both your state laws as well as the accepted usage by your station. As a Probie go with whichever is the more conservative to start.

Lastly, remember being a volunteer firefighter or EMT isn't about getting to run courtesy lights.

Excellent advice. Remember, also, when you are running code, you do not have the right of way automatically. The other drivers have to yield it to you before you can take it. And running code, also, does not allow you to break any traffic laws, i.e. no speeding over the speed limit, no unsafe passing, no crossing double yellow lines, etc.
^^I also meant to quote both of you, but im not exactly sure how quoting works and ^thats^ as best as i can get!

Haha thank you both very much. I do indeed have a little while before i can actually get lights. And yes, i would have full permission and all of that good stuff already done before i even buy lights, let alone install and use them.

I know about all those rules too(i think some are pretty dumb though, lets be honest, im potentially going to a house fire, or accident, to possibly help with saving lives. that could eventually be YOUR house, or YOUR kids that i need to get to in a hurry to help. but thats definitely a topic for another day..)

And YES. being a firefighter is absolutey positively not about lights at AT ALL. We could not even be allowed to have lights and i would be alright with it, I'm a firefighter to help save peoples lives and put people out of harms way. but hey, I already love aftermarket lighting stuff as it is, and if i have the opportunity to put some cool blue lights on my truck, im definitily going to! (im not saying that in a cocky way or anything like that, just like anyone else who loves cool lights!)
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs