Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 quad slt 4x2 b/h
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:40
Yankee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesm70 View Post
Huejack1- What wheels are you expecting? The Big Horn is suppose to come with 20" chrome clad wheels but the majority of SLTs that I have seen with the Big Horn package ended up with 17" chrome clad wheels (dealer may have overrode the package with this option). I asked my dealer if they could order 20"s and he answered, " No, must be a gas mileage thing".

In the Bigh Horn package, it clearly states 20" chrome clad wheels- 1st line item. This is what I want and I am not really interested in a suprise on this one. There was a post sometime back of a guy that got this surprise when ordering a SLT with Big Horn group.
After alot of soul searching, i decided to order my 14 SLT with the "BIG HORN" upgrade package 22z if i recall..WITH 17" wheels..why is another thread, and dont want to start too many.....it appeared i could do it based on the last few pages of technical data in the 13 book...Turns out, per the dealer, roughly 1/2 of the 13 model year trucks either were ordered that way, or just arrived that way..if someone wanted the 20's he would swap them at the dealership...i didnt ask for how much......he thought folks figured out that unless one wanted the 4x4, those bigger tires added nothing but "looks", were too expensive to replace, and knocked off some mpgs...which is a big selling point for the thing to begin with... how quaint...it almost sounded like the truth....AND it knocked $425 OFF the INVOICE price....which goes to show you just how much of that package IS wheels and tires....