Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4X4 Crewcab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:43
LabattZ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Picked my new 2013 Pentastar Bighorn Crew 4x4 up on Sat.

My review would pretty much echo wedoo2's review.

I came from an Audi A4 w/ the 2.8L v6 & quattro. This Pentastar has puh-lenty of power. She's only got 110mi on it so I'm trying to break 'er in gently, but hopping on the i5 onramp is fun and easy.

Not sure I'll be towing much for a little while, but i do feel confident that what I will be towing won't be taxing this driveline much. And with the 3.55, that confidence is even stronger.

I preferred the premium bench over the buckets and the console - the 6th seat will come in handy later on and no console really opens up the interior.

I'm 6'3", north of 270lb and I can comfortably sit behind my own seat. That's what sold me on the crewcab. 305hp & 23mpg is what sold me on the v6. The 8spd is just damn cool and smooth. Rotary shifter will definitely take a little getting used to. The gap in the engine bay isn't something I show off ..

I'm still in the Honeymoon stage with my truck, but I don't see myself falling out of love with it any time soon.

As for tonneau, I'm considering the Roll-X. I want to be able to access the majority of my bed when I need to, but I need the convenience of a rollup and the security of a hardtop. The encore looks nice, but I don't like the idea of not being able to look out my back window with it up.

I have a sliver of a window in my office... fortunately I'm able to park my truck where i can stare at 'er through that sliver. <3 My Ram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram front.jpg (122.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ram side.jpg (120.7 KB, 25 views)