View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 6.6L Hemi!
Trim Level: Crew Cab Sport 4x4
Color: Stone White
Rep:366
RamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really niceRamTex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post
When I spoke with Stu at Inertia, he advised me that to date any cams on a VVT Ram have more often than not produced less useable horsepower.
This is what i keep telling folks and i just cant get through to them... And is why im trying to make it clear to anyone tring to do some fairly extreme stuff to one of these VVT motors. Is take my advice or do your own research before you buy. Or try to figure out a solution other than boost, cuz i went to the end of the line on my motor and now im paying for it because i cant install an agressive enough cam because of VVT...

I could boost the hell out of my motor but why? I would need another $10k to install a built T-56 or 4L80 to hold up to it...

Im interested to see how MGH's transmission holds up to the abuse with the direction this build is going too. I hope it holds and if not i hope that MGH can find a way to figure out why it failed and make it even better than before. To help further his business and make a name for himself so he can start mass producing these suckers

"New Project" 1969 Road Runner
BV Heads,K1 Crank and Rods,Corrillo Pistons,ARP Head, Main, Side Studs and Rod Bolts,Spartan Eagle Cam,6.1 Manifold,Fastman 85mm,LMI Hammer, ARH's,3000TC,Hemifever Tuning

Last edited by RamTex; 07-30-2013 at 03:42 PM.