Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
TaderzNgravy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamTex View Post
Just swap to a pre vvt block... Everyone's doing it! Well not everyone... I think the advantages of a pre VVT block out way whatever avantages you think you will get with a VVT motor... Show me a timeslip of a VVT car that is faster than the heavy hitting pre vvt block guys? You cant cuz those guys are running almost a full second faster or more... Easy to Tune, Big Cams, More Power, Faster Slips...
You have the biggest f*ckin' hard-on for pre vvt blocks, don't you? The only reason there aren't too many big vvt builds yet is because there are only a few successful tuners. You're just pissed that your "hand built" motor isn't making any power. I'll tell you right now, its not the motor its the tuner.

The VVT LXs are spanking pre vvt LXs with the same bolt ons. There are pre vvt LXs that are struggling to break into the 13s with bolt ons yet mine ran 13.3 stock. So tell me how exactly is the vvt worse?

We'll be proving the potential of the vvt engines later this year with Gabe's truck. He'll be one of, if not the fastest, 4th gen on here... if he's not already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef2011 View Post
Consider this a challenge accepted. I just authorized Mike to investigate an aggressive VVT cam in my stock 392 along with the phaser and whatever else is necessary. Bottom line is it has to make power or else I'm staying stock.

Mike updated me a little while ago, I don't see why we couldn't make that guarantee.