Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 2500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:133
BAB will become famous soon enoughBAB will become famous soon enough

I went to my dealer today to get started on a '14 2500 Laramie Longhorn. I was NOT impressed. Eventually, the new car sales manager sat down at the computer, plugged and chugged numbers. He offered to sell the car for around $800 below dealer invoice. I'd done the on-line deal first -- to two dealers. I scanned in the build sheet and sent it to the second dealer and asked for a price. He quoted the EXACT same number as the first dealer -- $800 below dealer invoice. My take is that these guys are in collusion. Will go to a 3d dealer and see what happens. I haven't owned an American vehicle since 1983. What I experienced today is a reminder why. The dealership was very lackadaisical (almost like they were doing me a favor to talk to me). I did drive a '13 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn. I was impressed with it. Build quality looks very good. Vehicle was tight, handled well. Lots of good technology at work. Main reason for purchase is to tow my 2012 Airstream...and the Cummins will pull anything. I'm still in the game, but not real happy with the dealer treatment. Makes me concerned about their service department and how they treat customers.